Buying a condo is not a process that anyone wants to go through. It’s stressful, time-consuming and expensive. There are many things to consider before purchasing a condo. The right checklist will help you make sure your condo purchase goes smoothly.
A great location is critical for any home buyer. Your condo should be close enough to the shops, restaurants, schools and public transportation. A walkable neighborhood also helps in making your commute easier when it comes to parking and traffic congestion. You can find a list of the best places for buying condos here.
Once you’ve found a promising location, it’s time to start looking at pricing. How much do you want to spend on your new place? Keep in mind that there are different pricing options available for condos like monthly maintenance fee, percentage of common area ownership and even private garage or storage. You can check out more details here.
Once you have an idea of how much you’re willing to pay for your condo, you need to figure out which financing option is best for you. Do you prefer fixed rate or adjustable rate loans? Are you able to get a loan with no down payment, 20% down or 100% down? You can learn about all these options here.
Before you buy a condo, you need to determine what size unit suits your needs perfectly. Is it big enough for your family and guests? If you have pets, does the space allow them to stay comfortably? What kind of furniture do you need to furnish your new place?
As we all know that purchasing the condos is a big investment that a person can do for the single time only. So a person needs to be really careful regarding the size of the condo. It must be such that your family can easily live at the place happily. A person should go for the best playa del carmen departamentos venta.
Now that you know what features you want in your new condo, it’s time to think about the design. Does it suit your style? Would you rather live in a modern condo or one with traditional architecture? You can learn more about the different types of designs here.
Checklist for Purchasing Your New Condo
It may seem like a lot of work to plan out your condo purchase but if you follow this checklist properly, you’ll make your condo buying experience a breeze. Make sure to use the tips provided below to ensure that you buy a great condo that fits your lifestyle as well as your budget.
- Get Preapproved For Financing Get preapproved for a mortgage before you visit any real estate offices. This way, you won’t waste your time visiting multiple offices only to discover that they don’t offer the type of loan you need.
- Find An Agent If you aren’t comfortable working directly with a real estate agent, look for someone with a strong reputation. Ask friends and coworkers who their favorite agents are and see if their recommendations are good ones. Don’t forget to ask about their service fees.
- Set Up Appointments With Multiple Agents Set up appointments with several real estate agents so you can compare their services. Some real estate offices charge extra for services like appraisals and inspections. Try to find a reputable office that doesn’t charge any extra fees.
- Choose A Location That Suits Your Lifestyle When choosing a location, keep your long-term goals in mind. Will you be moving because of school? Do you need a spacious backyard with a swimming pool? Or would you rather purchase a smaller building near the train station since you travel frequently?
- Visit Several Buildings Before Choosing One You’ll learn a lot from visiting buildings during your tour. Take notes on things like the layout, the amenities, the decor, etc. Make sure to take photos of the rooms you like and those you’d want to avoid.
- Decide On The Size Of Your Unit After visiting several buildings, you should have a pretty good idea of what you want in your new apartment. Determine what size unit works best for your lifestyle.
- Decide On Which Features To Include In Your Purchase Take note of things like whether or not you’d like to include appliances, a balcony, a car parking spot or an elevator. Also determine if you want a pet friendly complex.
- Research The Management Company Make sure that all units in your chosen condominium are managed by the same company. If possible, find out if there are any complaints about the management company.
- Decide Whether To Buy In Fee Simple Or Jointly Owning Deciding whether to buy in fee simple or jointly owning your property is another important part of condo buying. When you buy in fee simple, you own everything in your unit and are responsible for paying for repairs and maintenance. On the other hand, if you opt for joint ownership, you share the responsibility for maintenance and repair costs with other owners.
- Check Out The Building Insurance Policies Find out what kinds of policies are offered in your building and what your responsibilities are as a resident. If you notice anything suspicious, report it immediately to the management company or police.
- Schedule A Tour Of Your Potential Home Schedule a tour of your potential home. Bring along a friend or family member, especially if you have children. If necessary, bring a photographer for documentation purposes.
- Sign Contracts After touring multiple buildings, signing contracts for your new property is the last step of the condo buying process. Make sure that you read the contract thoroughly and understand each clause thoroughly before signing off on it.
- Start Moving Into Your Condo Start packing and move into your new home! Make sure to put away all of your old belongings.
- Enjoy Living in Your New Home Enjoy living in your new home! Remember to thank the people who helped you in the past years. Be thankful for all the hard work that went into finding the perfect condo for you.